David Andrews manage about 200 properties in M16 and the surrounding areas. Our landlords and tenants are very happy with the personal service we offer. We can never have enough houses and flats to meet the demand for rental property in our area. If you have a place to rent and you would like it let quickly to good quality tenants, then contact David or Sam on 0161 860 6350 to arrange a valuation.
Landlord Letting Services and Fees
(A) LETTING SERVICES
Let Only and Full Management
- Visit the property and advise on rental evaluations and related matters.
- Market and promote the property as necessary to find a suitable Tenant.
- Arrange appointments for viewing the property.
- Introduce a Tenant and receive, where appropriate, references or credit reports acceptable to the Agent.
- Draw up and execute on my/our behalf and in my/our name(s), the Agent's standard form of tenancy agreement and serve any appropriate statutory notices.
- Arrange for a Gas Safety Certificate to be issued by a Corgi registered plumber should it be required and requested by the Landlord.
- Draw up an inventory and schedule of condition of the contents of the property.
- Advise the appropriate utility companies (gas, water, electricity) of the meter readings at the commencement of the tenancy.
- Advise the Local Authority of the change of occupant
- Collect the first month's rent and security bond.
- Complete standing order mandate.
- Check the Tenant(s) into the property.
- After deduction of fees forward balance of monies to the Landlord.
Full Management Only (In addition to above)
- If required prepare the property prior to letting including any cleaning that may be necessary up to a limit of £100.00 + VAT, which will be payable by the Landlord.
- Collection of the monthly rents and remitting them accordingly either by cheque or direct to a bank account by BACS credit.
- Visit the property during the tenancy and advise the Landlord.
- Grant, extend or renew a Tenancy Agreement upon the same terms as previously authorised by the Landlord or as determined by the Agent at their discretion to be in the Landlords interest and to give such consent or permissions as may be necessary.
- At completion of the tenancy, check the Tenant(s) out and receive the keys back, check the inventory, charge the Tenant(s) for any dilapidations, damage or missing items as can be apportioned to them.
- Carry out the repairing and statutory obligations on behalf of the Landlord.
With effect from 1st October 2008, all newly marketed rental properties must obtain an energy efficiency report. David Andrews can arrange this to be carried out at a cost of £55.
- Letting Only Fee
An initial fee of 50% of first month's rent subject to a minimum of £400
- Full Management Fee
An * initial fee equal to half of one month's rent, thereafter a fee equal to ten percent of all rents payable for each month of the tenancy, payable monthly by the Landlord and due on the same days that rent is payable by the Tenant
*Any subsequent lets the initial management fee will be reduced to ten percent of the first month's rent.
The Agent may retain their fees and charges out of all rents or monies received by virtue of this agreement.
All fees and charges are subject to the addition of Value Added Tax (VAT) at the rates current to the provision of the service.
(C) SALE OF A PROPERTY TO A TENANTWhere a Tenant purchase a freehold or long leasehold of the Property occupied by that Tenant during or within 12 of the end of the tenancy, a fee equivalent to 1% plus VAT of the purchase consideration will forthwith become due and payable by the Landlord to the Agent.
Guidance Information of Applicants
Guidance Information of Applicants
If you are taking the tenancy in your own name, each occupier of the property who is over the age of 18 must complete and return the confidential UKTenantData individual application for tenancy form. If you are on a low income, currently unemployed or a Student, a Guarantor may be required. If this is the case the guarantor will be asked to complete a confidential UKTenantData Guarantors application. The guarantor must be either in full time employment and/or have sufficient income to meet the monthly rental in addition to their own financial commitments. The Guarantor will also be asked to sign the tenancy agreement.
Once the application form has been returned and the non-refundable administration fee paid (see “agency fee costs”), it should take 1 to 3 working days to process, after which we shall advise you if your application has been successful.
Agency Fee Costs
|1st applicant||£100 plus VAT||£120.00|
|Each additional applicant||£50 plus VAT||£60.00|
|Guarantor||£25 plus VAT||£30.00|
Prior to occupation of the property we will carry out a detailed inventory, taking all meter readings and informing all the required utility companies. We will also notify the local council for council tax purposes.
Tenants contents insuranceIt is the tenants responsibility to provide contents insurance. UKTenantData will contact you to assist with this. You are under no obligation to use them but many of our other tenants have found them to be very competitive.
Signing of tenancy agreementThe agreement will be signed on the day the tenancy starts. All tenants, and where necessary all guarantors, must be present at this time. In order to move tenants into the property we must not only have a signed tenancy agreement but also a deposit (this is equivalent to one month's rent) along with the first month's rent in cleared funds, this can be in the form of cash or bankers cheque. If you wish to pay by personal cheque this must be paid at least five working days prior to the commencement of the tenancy. If a deposit is requested in advance, to secure the property for you, this is taken on the understanding that it is non-refundable.